Skip to main content

Become Involved and Take Action

Other Ways to Give

Recommend a Grant from Your Donor-Advised Fund

Did you know you can make one-time or monthly recurring grants to NYSCTU from your Donor Advised Fund.

A donor-advised fund (DAF) allows philanthropically inclined individuals to make an irrevocable charitable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program and take an immediate tax deduction for the contribution.   The account holder specifies how the funds are invested in the DAF and recommends grants to nonprofit 501(c) 3 organizations.

If you have an account with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BNY Mellon or Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, go to the Donor Direct widget on this page, fill in the “Donate From” field, the designation (how the funds should be used) and the amount of your gift. Clicking the “Next” button will take you directly to your donor-advised fund provider.   If your donor-advised fund provider is not listed, contact your provider directly to recommend a grant.

The EIN Number for The New York State Council of Trout Unlimited is 23-7355317.

For more information refer to

Initiate a Qualified Charitable Distribution (“QCD”) from Your Individual Retirement Account

A QCD is a direct transfer of funds from your IRA custodian, payable to a qualified charity. QCDs can be counted toward satisfying your required minimum distributions (RMDs) for the year, as long as certain rules are met, such as:

  • IRAs are eligible for QCDs include Traditional, Rollover, Inherited, SEP (inactive plans only), and SIMPLE (inactive plans only).
  • You must be 70½ or older to make a QCD.
  • The maximum annual amount that can qualify for a QCD is $100,000.
  • Contributing to an IRA at the same time you initiate a QCD may result in losing the tax benefit.

You are strongly encouraged to consult your tax advisor to determine if both your IRA and charity qualify for QCDs.   In addition, you should contact the IRA custodian to obtain the necessary paperwork.

If you need assistance, please contact